Blood Roses Community Forum Index

"It started with a girl..."

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Lord of the Rings reread

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Blood Roses Community Forum Index -> The Library
View previous topic :: View next topic  
taaroko
Dark Avenger

PostPosted: Thu Dec 23, 2010 4:00 pm    Post subject: Lord of the Rings reread Reply with quote

Kairos and I have started a community over on LJ for the rereading (or first reading, if you, like me, have never successfully gotten all the way through them) of Tolkien's The Lord of the Rings. Join us for discussions and less intelligible squeeing over particularly awesome bits, to commence on the morrow. The plan is to read two or three chapters a week, with an official discussion thread every Friday (though you can add unofficial ones whenever you want). It'll be pretty relaxed, though, so don't worry about keeping the same pace as us or anything, and if you've got other stuff to share, like an awesome LotR fanvid or piece of artwork, post away! We'll see you all in Middle Earth!
To the Shire!
Kairos
Forum Gargoyle

PostPosted: Thu Dec 23, 2010 5:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What she said. I just want to add that if there's any doubt about how awesome this is going to be, please remember that it's me and Taaroko. We were actually the ones who originally invented awesome, and fought for it to be available to all through fair trade and journeys to Mt. Doom.
mayfever
Warrior

PostPosted: Thu Dec 23, 2010 11:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What a great idea! I reread LOTR every Christmas anyway, so of COURSE I'll join! Already did, as a matter of fact. Bring it on! Smile
Kairos
Forum Gargoyle

PostPosted: Fri Dec 24, 2010 1:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whoa, what timing! It's like when you joined and you were into all kinds of Irish and Czech stuff and made Kean and me all giddy. You are the queen of serendipity!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Blood Roses Community Forum Index -> The Library All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: