Blood Roses Community Forum Index

"It started with a girl..."

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The Four Horsemen Fiction Challenge

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Blood Roses Community Forum Index -> B/A Fiction
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dark Star
The Powers That Be
Admin

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2011 8:08 pm    Post subject: The Four Horsemen Fiction Challenge Reply with quote

For those of you not aware of it, Writerís Toybox is running a challenge for apocalyptic B/A stories. It is called the Four Horsemen Challenge and it will run until August 31st. We can offer extra prompts if you need them, and writers of all abilities are welcome Ė even those who have not yet written anything!

More details are available at the Writerís Toybox LJ

"Shoulder to shoulder. I'm yours."
sybil
Oracle

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2011 8:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great that you shared this link. I keep seeing people complaining where is the new fic on B/A thread, yet here you share a good "where" and offer that we can pitch in to make it.

I just did my first one below your post and I both doubt it's good, and the need for attention I would be pitching to just turn right around and post the same thing on this site; but I also wonder if all this concern for everyone running everywhere BUT here is just a forum killer eventually? You have great experience in keeping forums alive and interesting, but the quiet is really getting quiet. Dunno...

I have to read the "lj experience as reality"--and its whole world of ME, me, what do you think of me" and probably give up altogether as I really can't figure it--I'm just too slow to read, post and move on, to keep with with all that buckshot of connections all over, of the latest and greatest, so every disagreement requires running ELSEWHERE to feel alive and just to find you guys or names I recognize, I guess. I feel like a trogladyte. Sorry. i wish I was more talented, like you guys with tech, perceptions and community. I feel like what's the point "to contribute" if it's the very reason for someone to just leave.

HUGS!
sybil
Dark Star
The Powers That Be
Admin

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2011 9:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I donít think there is any harm in having different places for fans to meet up and enjoy the B/A love, sybil. Having other places to go doesnít mean that you have to leave the original place. After all, if you make a new friend you donít have to abandon previous friends, do you? You just have more friends to enjoy yourself with, and itís the same with web places to go.

Not everyone likes all the mediums for meeting up. If you donít like journals, stick to forums. Or just here if you like. What does it matter? There is no right or wrong way to take part in fandom Ė do what feels right to you. Itís nothing to do with anybody else, after all.

I shouldnít worry about the Blood Roses Board, either. The forum is fairly quiet at the moment but it does that from time to time. Members come and go, new people wander in all the time and behind all that, people have real lives to organise. Sometimes they just get too busy, or engrossed in something in the real world and the forum takes a back seat. Thatís okay; May to about August are notoriously quieter, and I expect that to happen every year.

"Shoulder to shoulder. I'm yours."
sybil
Oracle

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2011 6:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MANY THANKS FOR YOUR REPLY! Very Happy

I find it very difficult to find my friends, as they actually ARE active, just not here and that is somehow 'weird' in that I found them through you and your sight and don't quite understand that what they have to say all over the place isn't worth some kind of cut and paste to keep us vital and informed with each other's ideas on things of this fandom. That's all.

I will save this link on fic to read, as I still have to get through this one, let alone make some kind of commentary. I obviously think I'n too weak in the writing thing TO make comments of worth, actually!

PP is some serious work, ya know, with all those references that really make every stone ten thousand thousand stories begging for the telling, so I don't think i can add my scribblings, without some word if I even found a nerve or pulse of corrections. i already found i didn't even use Angel's name, so much is assumed until too much is assumed. ha!

Hugs!
sybil
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Blood Roses Community Forum Index -> B/A Fiction All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: