Blood Roses Community Forum Index

"It started with a girl..."

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Happy Cookie Day!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Blood Roses Community Forum Index -> B/A Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dark Star
The Powers That Be
Admin

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2014 5:48 pm    Post subject: Happy Cookie Day! Reply with quote

Happy Cookie Day!

On May 20th 2003, the episode Chosen aired. This was the episode that contained Buffy’s cookie dough speech, and perhaps by now she has finished baking. To commemorate this, five years ago I organised our first B/A Cookie Day. Want to join in?

You can take part by:

· Telling everyone it's Cookie Day!
· Sharing your favourite cookie recipes.
· Eating cookies
· Sharing cookies
· Buying cookies
· Making cookies
· Sharing your B/A cookie drabbles and stories
· Making some cookie-related artwork.

· Spread the Cookie Love!

"Shoulder to shoulder. I'm yours."
janas
Dark Avenger

PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2014 10:16 am    Post subject: Re: Happy Cookie Day! Reply with quote

This drawing is so cute Smile
Dark Star wrote:

· Making some cookie-related artwork.

I could do this

"I just know that when you're around, whether I see you or not, I feel you. Inside."
Kairos
Forum Gargoyle

PostPosted: Sat May 24, 2014 4:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Belated response, but I wasn't too late to celebrate Cookie Day in my own home thanks to my time zone. We had a surprise guest for dinner, which was already in the oven, and the guest had to do a phone interview while he was here. I read Dark Star's post, looked at all of my leftover cocoa, chocolate chips, Heath bar chips, and macadamia nuts from previous baking enterprises, calculated the time I had until everyone was ready for dinner, and thought, "There's got to be a meaning somewhere in all of this."

The cookies came out while we were playing a game of Munchkins after eating. I brought everyone a glass of milk and insisted they consume more cookies than they thought wise. I packed some of the remainder into a container I'd borrowed from Mom so I could surprise her when I gave it back, and Simon took the rest to his meeting the next morning to share with the staff. And, of course, I stuffed my own face full of milk and cookies before they were gone.

In the end, what was the meaning in all of this? I'm not really sure, since I didn't mention Cookie Day while I was baking, and B/A did not come up (nobody else here has seen BtVS, anyway). But making and sharing and eating cookies feels good, and may represent Buffy and Angel better than we usually think about. The B/A ship has added a lot to my life; this time, it just happened to add a little sweetness to my evening.
Dark Star
The Powers That Be
Admin

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2014 8:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hope everyone had a good Cookie Day!

How did the artwork go, Janas?

Save us any cookies, Kairos??

Very Happy

janas
Dark Avenger

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2014 4:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dark Star, I'm sorry I saw only now your reply Smile Here is my contribution.

This manipulation born from a mental image that I had when reading (for the thousandth time) Kairos's Joy'verse. Smile

Family's fragrance.

Sunday morning. It's unusual for Connor to wake up in a good mood, but sometimes it happens and this is one of those times. Maybe it's on the ground that today must not to follow classes in college, maybe it's because the evening before he played all the time with Joy and Katie, maybe it's because Buffy, with her smile, makes him feel at home.

He doesn't care to know why, but today he feels good. He is at home.

Connor still lives at Reilly's house, his adoptive parents, but recently he spent more and more time with Angel and his family. Truth be told, Connor lives at college and in weekend, he goes by them, to say hi them just a moment ...and Buffy, every time, invites him to stay ...and he, every time, accepts.

He is at home.

With Angel he doesn't talk much, and he asks himself if he ever will. He knows still little him, and since his father, his real father, is human, Connor often has the feeling of knowing him even less than before. Buffy, Joy and Katie, however, help him to bridge the gap between him and Angel. They don't use words, don't tell particular facts or anecdotes of real life, but when Connor watches them, while they live their lives together, everything becomes clear.

Connor knows now that Angel is capable to laugh, is capable of being bored, being tired, sleepy, hungry, is capable to be paternally authoritative, to be ironic. Angel is able to be a lot of things that Connor didn't imagine that they would ever see in his father.

...and damn to him, he is also a great cook. Just last evening Angel has prepared a spectacular vegetable soup.

It's an Irish soup, Connor. Taste this and tell me if it's cooked. You'll see you'll like it, son.

He has prepared it for you, said Buffy then, when Angel was not listening.

Here's what woke him up, and that's why Connor was in a good mood. From the kitchen came a smell of good, an intense smell of cookies fresh-baked. Family's fragrance.

He got up in a hurry, now he was hungry, but from above the stairs he saw a scene that left him breathless. He stopped, because he couldn't continue further. That scene wasn't intended to be seen by other eyes, but although if the common sense would tell him not to look, he couldn't look away.

Sitting in the kitchen, Buffy and Angel laughed as she said "eat me, eat me." Then They laughed again when Buffy remembered the time when she had said to Angel, "Drink me."

Connor couldn't know it, but if that time things would have gone differently, he wouldn't be born. As he continued to observe them, Connor thought that those their gestures and those their laughter, appeared to be part of a ritual, or some coded message known only to Buffy and Angel.

Happy Cookie Day, he heard them say.

They certainly were celebrating something, only God knows what, but certainly they were very happy.
-----------

I also wrote a last scene. It's a dialogue between Joy and Connor, but before write it here, I ask permission to Kairos, because Joy is his, and only his. I decided that Joy is my little sister Smile I love her immensely. Heart

"I just know that when you're around, whether I see you or not, I feel you. Inside."
Kairos
Forum Gargoyle

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2014 5:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Permission granted, and when I get home I'll beta it for you - already made my day so let's keep this Joy going. Smile
Dark Star
The Powers That Be
Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2014 8:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wonderful! Thank you so much for sharing the fun with us!

janas
Dark Avenger

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2014 11:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dark Star, Thanks! We should do this more often. More love B&A is good for the soul

Kairos, It's a tiny little thing, and I don't know if Joy could say things like that, I'm afraid that here she is a little OOC.

----------------

Happy Cookie Day, he heard them say.

They certainly were celebrating something, only God knows what, but certainly they were very happy.

-We would have it for a week. Joy's voice startled him.

-What?

-Maybe even for two weeks.

-I believed that...

-Did you believed that the cookies were for you?

-No... No. I didn't believe that.. Wh...what is happening?

-Long story... but we would have for weeks.

-For weeks? What we would have for weeks?

-Cookies. When Dad makes cookies, they last for a week, sometimes even two. He has no sense of proportion, at least so says Mom. But I assure you that they are delicious. Then, when we can't over eat cookies, mom prepares a tray for Aunt Dawn and Uncle Xander. No one knows why there is this thing of cookies every May...

Joy winked at Connor and him smiled.

-But you do?

-Yes, I do!

Kairos
Forum Gargoyle

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2014 12:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sunday morning. It's unusual for Connor to wake up in a good mood, but sometimes it happens and this is one of those times. Maybe it's because he doesn’t have classes today, maybe it's because yesterday he spent the whole evening playing games with Katie and Joy, maybe it's because Buffy, she of the perpetual smile, makes him feel at home.

He doesn't care why he feels good today. He is at home.

Connor still lives at the Reilly house with his adoptive parents, but lately he’s been spending more and more time with Angel and his family. Truth be told, Connor lives at college and on the weekends, he comes around just to say hi ...and every time, Buffy invites him to stay ...and every time, he accepts.

He is at home.

He doesn’t talk much with Angel, and he isn’t sure if he ever will. He never got to know him well, and since his father - his real father - became human, Connor often has the feeling that he knows him even less than before. Buffy, Joy, and Katie, however, help bridge the gap between him and Angel. They don't use words, don't list facts or anecdotes, but when Connor watches them living their lives together, everything becomes clear.

Connor knows now that Angel is capable of laughter, boredom, weariness, drowsiness, hunger, paternal authority, irony. Angel is a lot of things that Connor didn't imagine that he would ever see in his father.

...And damn but he’s a great cook. Just last night, Angel managed to make Connor like vegetable soup. More than like. That soup was spectacular.

It's an Irish recipe, Connor. Taste this and tell me if the carrots are cooked through. I swear you’ll like it.

Later, Buffy quietly informed Connor, He made it for you, when Angel wasn’t listening.

Still in bed, Connor finally figured out what had woken him up, and why he was in a good mood. From the kitchen came a good, powerful aroma: fresh-baked cookies. Family's fragrance.

He got up in a hurry now that he was hungry, but at the top of the stairs, he witnessed something that left him breathless and stopped him in his tracks. This scene wasn't intended for the eyes of others, but despite what his common sense was telling him, he couldn't look away.

Sitting in the kitchen, Buffy and Angel laughed as she waved a cookie in his face and said "Eat me! Eat me!" Then Buffy recalled a time when she had said to Angel, "Drink me,” and despite the sobriety of the incident she described, they both laughed again.

Connor couldn't know it, but if things had gone differently that day, he wouldn't have been born. As he continued to observe them, Connor had the thought that their gestures and laughter appeared to be part of a ritual, or some coded message known only to Buffy and Angel.

“Happy Cookie Day,” he heard them say.

Only God knew what they were celebrating, but God knew it made them happy.

“They’ll last for the next week.” Joy's voice startled him.

“What?”

“Maybe even for two weeks.” She grinned devilishly. “Did you think all those cookies were for you?”

“No!” he said, trying not to sound defensive. “No, of course not. Why? What’s going on?”

“Long story...but we used to have them for weeks.”

“We used to have what for weeks?”

“Cookies. When Dad makes cookies, they last for a week, sometimes even two. Mom says he has no sense of proportion, but everyone else says who cares? I mean, cookies, right?” She bounced on her heels, her words gaining momentum. “Then, when we can't eat one more cookie, mom makes up a tray for Aunt Dawn and Uncle Xander. No one knows why there’s this thing of cookies every May…”

Joy winked at Connor, and he smiled.

“But you do?”

“Yes, I do!”
janas
Dark Avenger

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2014 6:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Love it. I love all the changes you have made.
Thank you very much Heart Heart Heart

Kairos
Forum Gargoyle

PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2014 11:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry for the post-and-run I did with that, Janas. I also wanted to say thank you, again, for writing such a neat story for Cookie Day and making use of my fanon.

Do you mind if I post this on LJ as a Kairos/Janas collaboration? Both of us could, it belongs to both you and me now. Smile
janas
Dark Avenger

PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2014 7:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't mind at all, and Kairos/Janas collaboration sounds so important to me Embarassed Damn why I get emotional now? Very Happy

janas happy

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Blood Roses Community Forum Index -> B/A Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: