Blood Roses Community Forum Index

"It started with a girl..."

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

BOOM! Buffy # 10 Spoilers & More Herllmouth # 3 Preview
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Blood Roses Community Forum Index -> Comics Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
comic fan
Oracle

PostPosted: Thu Nov 21, 2019 4:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sybil wrote:
I know there are still lurkers and thanks so much, comic, for putting so many comic panels to follow along.
I personally, me, myself enjoy "the Lost fill-in-the-blank" stories, even if I totally disagree with the reasoning for having (possibly) created this lost slayer.
(My view has to do with curses that bind and the release from them that must be part of the curse to "work." The idea that Buffy's death triggers the potential spark, and the fact that she came back from the dead--IS the anomaly--even if we enjoy "speshul Buffy." What I am talking about is the "paradox" so often the means to reinterpret "everything.")

Also, FINALLY, we are getting somewhere with B/A--even if I adore the first sight/"blind I would find you" forever first love of the TV series.

Back to the shadows, but appreciating comics's guide. HERE! HERE!
Hugs!!
sybil

No problem about bringing over the news.Even though I'm not commenting,I am reading the comics and enjoying them.

New direction for BOOM! Buffyverse.Angel series becomes Angel & Spike.

http://www.buffyforums.net/forums/showthread.php?21162-New-Buffy-series-from-BOOM!-officially-announced!/page56

After the shocking conclusion to the first-ever Buffy & Angel comic book event, Hellmouth, comes a stunning new era for the Buffyverse in RING OF FIRE!

This all new direction for the Buffy the Vampire Slayer and Angel comic book series begins in… ANGEL & SPIKE #9? That’s right, it’s a new name for a new direction in February 2020 as acclaimed filmmaker and writer Bryan Edward Hill (American Carnage, Fallen Angels) and rising star artist Gleb Melnikov, along with series creator and story consultant Joss Whedon (the visionary writer/director behind Firefly, Marvel’s The Avengers, and more) plunge the City of Angels into mayhem.

But as Gunn, Fred, Lorne and Lilith fight back against the evil that’s infected their city, they can’t do without the help of their vampire leader…Spike! As TEAM SPIKE faces down the new threat of legal firm Wolfram & Hart, there’s one question on everyone’s minds: What happened to Angel?

In the aftermath of Hellmouth, the new normal looks like a RING OF FIRE, unfolding in issues of Buffy the Vampire Slayer and the new Angel & Spike ongoing series, beginning with ANGEL & SPIKE #9. Read closely, because each issue will have clues leading to an unprecedented revelation that will leave every Buffyverse fan stunned!

ANGEL & SPIKE #9 features main covers by artist Dan Panosian (Slots), along with variant covers by acclaimed artists Vanesa R. Del Rey (Redlands), Scott Buoncristiano (Harry Potter: Magical Film Projections, Dead Rabbit), and Jonas Scharf (Bone Parish, Avengers Halloween Special)

“Betrayal, heartache, and violence are what the new TEAM SPIKE have to look forward to in the post-Hellmouth landscape we’re calling RING OF FIRE,” said Jeanine Schaefer, Executive Editor, BOOM! Studios. “You know, all the good stuff! They think evil has landed in Los Angeles, but what they’ll find is that it’s been there all along, and the source they discover is staggering.”

ANGEL & SPIKE is the newest release from BOOM! Studios’ eponymous imprint, home to critically acclaimed original series, including Once & Future by Kieron Gillen and Dan Mora; Faithless by Brian Azzarello and Maria Llovet; Abbott from Saladin Ahmed and Sami Kivelä; Bury the Lede from Gaby Dunn and Claire Roe; Grass Kings from Matt Kindt and Tyler Jenkins; and Klaus from Grant Morrison and Dan Mora. The imprint also publishes popular licensed properties including Joss Whedon’s Firefly from Greg Pak and Dan McDaid; Buffy the Vampire Slayer from Jordie Bellaire and David López; and Mighty Morphin Power Rangers from Ryan Parrott and Danielle Di Nicuolo.

Print copies of ANGEL & SPIKE #9 will be available for sale on February 26, 2019 exclusively at local comic book shops (use comicshoplocator.com to find the nearest one) or at the BOOM! Studios webstore. Digital copies can be purchased from content providers, including comiXology, iBooks, Google Play, and Madefire.
sybil
Oracle

PostPosted: Fri Nov 22, 2019 2:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd rather see these two "get in their own way" with each other--Just keep Spike away from my girl. And, no, this "growth to romance" is far, far from epic, but these writers are "trying things" and attaching the name "Buffy" is really what should be expected, as it may be what is in mind for Buffy's own development. (Which, iMHO, is weirdly too advanced, or these people face threats so primordial these sophisticates-fashionistas wouldn't have time to consider them, considering a. they are fashionistas; b. screen time should be the vampire power sucking the life out of these lives==what electronic great power is this--Maolloch or Tesla?--which is exactly where I think I need a good lie-down. hee hee.

I think the economic differences of some of the kids having "supposed natural commpetitive advantage" for standing" was well torn apart with Joss's narrative, in raising the actual character within a child, being hobbled and made to overcome such 'outward show" and, therefore, was better done before. ( Kids do want to belong terribly), even if the only addiction really advanced was alcohol. The mothers, were shown as scatter-brained/harried or so focused elsewhere as to measure as indifferent.

Joyce, trying to have a life, makes the actual pain of divorce and the actual reality of wage/access to capital inequality absent, which also is simply not the reality of a woman who has to care for a child, create employment for herself--a start up--and even find appropriate adults in such a smallish town--unless the reality of adultery is the plan or the simple reality of impossible housing costs. hee.

But, you are right, fuhgedaboudit, is the watch word for this story and some ideas are indeed fun, even if a passing flash is all one will really get for old watchers. I think I just called myself old. hee!

Big hugs, comic!
sybil
comic fan
Oracle

PostPosted: Fri Nov 22, 2019 6:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BOOM! Buffyverse February 2020 Solicitations

https://www.newsarama.com/47966-boom-studios-february-2020-solicitations.html

BUFFY THE VAMPIRE SLAYER #12

Publisher : BOOM! Studios
Retail Price : $3.99
Writer: Jordie Bellaire
Artist: David López
Cover Artists:
Main Cover: Marc Aspinall
Spotlight Cover: Kevin Wada
Connecting Cover: Vanesa R. Del Rey
Preorder Cover : Ryan Inzana
Incentive Cover: Joe Quinones

Synopsis: As TEAM KENDRA fights for their town against the Hellmouth-possessed hivemind, Willow and Xander begin to feel the cost of sharing a soul between them. With darkness creeping into the place a soul should be, one of them will start down a road that they can’t turn back from.

BUFFY THE VAMPIRE SLAYER: HELLMOUTH #5

Writer: Jordie Bellaire and Jeremy Lambert
Artist: Eleonora Carlini
Cover Artists:
Main Cover : Jenny Frison
Connecting Variant Cover : Vanesa R. Del Rey

Synopsis:
THE EVENT OF THE YEAR ENDS HERE!
Angel and Buffy finally confront the enemy in the heart of the Hellmouth, but the journey has already taken its tolls. Beaten in body and spirit, they might not have enough power between them to save the world. With more allies than they know, Buffy and Angel will make their final stand… and not everyone will make it out alive.

ANGEL & SPIKE #9

Writer: Bryan Edward Hill
Artist: Gleb Melnikov
Cover Artists:
Main Cover: Dan Panosian
Connecting Variant Cover : Vanesa R. Del Rey
Preorder Cover : Scott Buoncristiano
Incentive Cover : Jonas Scharf

Synopsis:
- After the shocking conclusion to Hellmouth, only one vampire can protect Los Angeles...and it's Spike?
- But as Team Spike must face a new threat in the evil forces of Wolfram & Hart, everyone's asking one question: WHAT HAPPENED TO ANGEL?
- The next big Whedonverse epic starts here!

https://img.purch.com/h/1400/aHR0cDovL3d3dy5uZXdzYXJhbWEuY29tL2ltYWdlcy9pLzAwMC8yNjkvNTc3L29yaWdpbmFsL0FuZ2VsU3Bpa2VfMDA5X0JfQ29ubmVjdGluZ1ZhcmlhbnQuanBnPzE1NzQzNTg5Mzc=

BUFFY THE VAMPIRE SLAYER LEGACY EDITION BOOK ONE SC

*****ADVANCE SOLICITED FOR APRIL 2020*****
Retail Price : $29.99
Writer: Andi Watson, Christopher Golden, Dan Brereton, Jen Van Meter
Artist: Hector Gomez, Joe Bennett, Luke Ross, David Perrin, Cliff Richards
Cover Artist: Nimit Malavia

Synopsis:
- From Joss Whedon (creator of Buffy The Vampire Slayer ) comes the official tie-in to the critically acclaimed Buffy The Vampire Slayer television series!
- Set during the third season of the Buffy The Vampire Slayer television series, discover untold stories of the Scooby Gang and their fight against evil in Sunnydale—all while trying not to fail their exams!
- Collects Buffy The Vampire Slayer #1-10 (Dark Horse Comics, published 1998-2003), as well as short stories from the era in a newly designed, value priced format that no Buffy fan can miss!

https://img.purch.com/h/1400/aHR0cDovL3d3dy5uZXdzYXJhbWEuY29tL2ltYWdlcy9pLzAwMC8yNjkvNTg3L29yaWdpbmFsL0J1ZmZ5X0xlZ2FjeV92MV9TQy5qcGc/MTU3NDM1ODk1OQ==
comic fan
Oracle

PostPosted: Sun Nov 24, 2019 3:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Preview pages for BOOM! Angel # 7.

http://www.buffyforums.net/forums/showthread.php?21860-BOOM!-Angel-7/page2

comic fan
Oracle

PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2019 2:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wenxina's review for todays BOOM! Angel # 7.

http://fanbasepress.com/index.php/press/reviews/item/10463-angel-7-advance-comic-book-review
comic fan
Oracle

PostPosted: Sat Nov 30, 2019 8:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BOOM! Angel # 8 preview pages

http://www.buffyforums.net/forums/showthread.php?21909-BOOM!-Angel-8

Back in Los Angeles, TEAM SPIKE—Spike, Fred, and Gunn—are doing their best to stem the tide of evil that Hellmouth has unleashed, but the city is being overwhelmed. In order to save their city, Fred must decide whether to fight off the darkness inside her…or embrace it.

Preview pages for BOOM! Buffy # 10.

With Buffy in Hell, someone new has answered the call to save what’s left of Sunnydale. Who is this mysterious new Slayer? And how will the new blood cope with a team made up of a newly empowered witch and a half-human, half-vampire sidekick?
comic fan
Oracle

PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2019 11:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wenxina's review of tomorrow's BOOM! Buffy # 10

http://fanbasepress.com/index.php/press/reviews/item/10488-buffy-the-vampire-slayer-10-advance-comic-book-review
comic fan
Oracle

PostPosted: Sat Dec 07, 2019 5:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The New Buffyverse May Be Setting Up Another Scooby Gang

https://www.cbr.com/new-buffy-comic-kendra-scooby-gang-cordelia-robin-wood-rose/

More BOOM! Hellmouth # 3 preview pages.

https://www.flickeringmyth.com/2019/12/the-buffy-and-angel-crossover-event-continues-in-preview-hellmouth-3/

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Blood Roses Community Forum Index -> Comics Forum All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10
Page 10 of 10

Jump to: