Blood Roses Community Forum Index

"It started with a girl..."

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Preview Pages For BOOM! Angel & Spike # 9

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Blood Roses Community Forum Index -> Comics Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
comic fan
Oracle

PostPosted: Wed Jan 22, 2020 4:54 pm    Post subject: Preview Pages For BOOM! Angel & Spike # 9 Reply with quote

Starting a new thread since the previous one is 10 pages.

https://www.newsarama.com/48709-buffy-the-vampire-slayer-to-introduce-most-important-new-character-in-20+-years-this-april.html

BUFFY THE VAMPIRE SLAYER To Introduce 'Most Important New Character in 20+ Years' This APRIL

By Chris Arrant, Editor
January 22, 2020

https://img.purch.com/o/aHR0cDovL3d3dy5uZXdzYXJhbWEuY29tL2ltYWdlcy9pLzAwMC8yNzMvODQ5L2kwMi9CdWZmeV9FdmVyeUdlbmVyYXRpb25fMDAxX1ZhcmlhbnRfUFJPTU8uanBn

"The most important new character in over 20 years" for the Buffy the Vampire Slayer franchise is set to be revealed in an April 8 one-shot from BOOM! Studios. The anthology one-shot Buffy: Every Generation #1 will reveal the secret origins of some of the most important Slayers in history, including this new mystery character.

"Just when you think you know everything about the Chosen One, a brand new character shows up to turn the whole universe on its head," BOOM! Executive Editor Jeanine Schaefer said in the announcement.

Schaefer and BOOM! wouldn't reveal details on the character (or even their name) at this point, but is framing their introduction as a major moment not just for the BOOM! titles but the entire franchise.

"Buffy’s been through the Hellmouth, fought alongside Angel, been replaced by Kendra, and now has to deal with the backlash in Ring of Fire but all of that is nothing compared to what comes next for the Slayer and everyone else in the Buffyverse," Schaefer continued. "Hold onto your seats because this special will… BLOW. YOUR. MIND!"

M.F.K.'s Nilah Magruder will write the lead story, with additional work by Morgan Beem, Lauren Garcia, Caitlin Yarsky, Lauren Knight, and Alex Guimarães.

Look for more on Buffy: Every Generation #1 in the coming months here at Newsarama.

https://img.purch.com/h/1400/aHR0cDovL3d3dy5uZXdzYXJhbWEuY29tL2ltYWdlcy9pLzAwMC8yNzMvODQ5L29yaWdpbmFsL0J1ZmZ5X0V2ZXJ5R2VuZXJhdGlvbl8wMDFfVmFyaWFudF9QUk9NTy5qcGc/MTU3OTcwODAwMg==

Last edited by comic fan on Sat Feb 15, 2020 12:57 pm; edited 6 times in total
comic fan
Oracle

PostPosted: Fri Jan 24, 2020 5:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Full Buffyverse BOOM! Books For April 2020.

http://majorspoilers.com/2020/01/24/boom-studios-for-april-2020/

BUFFY: EVERY GENERATION #1

Publisher: BOOM! Studios
Retail Price: $7.99
Writer: Morgan Beem & Lauren Garcia, Nilah Magruder, Caitlin Yarsky, and more
Artist: Morgan Beem, Caitlin Yarsky, and more
Cover Artists:
Main Cover: TBA
Variant Cover: Caitlin Yarsky
Incentive Cover: TBA

Synopsis:
The SECRET ORIGINS of some of the most important Slayers in history…

…and the First Appearance of a new character with a familiar face who will change the way you look at Buffy and everything about her world.

This is the Buffy comic that everyone will be talking about and the most important new character in over twenty years!

BUFFY THE VAMPIRE SLAYER #14

Retail Price: $3.99
Writer: Jordie Bellaire
Artist: Julian Lopez
Cover Artists:
Main Cover: David Lopez
Spotlight Cover: Marguerite Sauvage
Ring of Fire Cover: Matthew Taylor
Incentive Cover: Afua Richardson

Synopsis: Kendra The Vampire Slayer—and the all-new Scooby gang—must defend Sunnydale from the aftershocks of the Hellmouth and a new threat that feels very familiar! But can they fill the void left behind by
Buffy?

And will this issue answer the question of what, exactly, happened to Buffy?

ANGEL + SPIKE #11

Retail Price: $3.99
Writer: Bryan Edward Hill
Artist: Gleb Melnikov
Cover Artists:
Main Cover: Dan Panosian
Variant Cover B: Gleb Melnikov
Variant Cover C: Scott Buoncristiano
Incentive Cover: Jonas Scharf

Synopsis: With a rogue demon on the loose, Team Spike is running out of time to save the life of an innocent boy—but Wolfram & Hart claim to have the solution. With real demons in the equation, is a deal with the devil worth it?

BUFFY THE VAMPIRE SLAYER VOL. 3 SC

* ****ADVANCE SOLICITED FOR JUNE 2020*****

Retail Price: $14.99
Writer: Jordie Bellaire
Artist: David López
Cover Artist: Marc Aspinall

Synopsis:
Drusilla has opened the Hellmouth! With no time to waste, Buffy must do what any good Slayer would do

—namely, run directly into the heart of the problem.

But where does that leave the rest of Sunnydale? As the town reels from the demonic effects of the Hellmouth opening, Xander, Willow, Robin, and Kendra, the newly arrived Slayer, must find a way to battle demons both inside and out, without Buffy to help them. Could this be the end of the Scooby Gang?

Collects Buffy the Vampire Slayer #9-12.

ANGEL VOL. 2 SC

* ****ADVANCE SOLICITED FOR JUNE 2020*****
Retail Price: $16.99
Writer: Bryan Edward Hill
Artist: Gleb Melnikov
Cover Artist: Dan Panosian

Synopsis:
With Angel trapped in the Hellmouth, the city of Los Angeles only has one hope—and it’s SPIKE?

Witness the formation of TEAM SPIKE as Winifred Burkle, Charles Gunn, and Angel’s old “friend” battle the rising tide of evil in Los Angeles… if they can stop fighting each other long enough to fight the monsters

Collects Angel #5-8.

comic fan
Oracle

PostPosted: Sat Feb 01, 2020 6:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Preview pages for BOOM!Buffy # 12.

http://slayalive.com/showthread.php/3990-BOOM!-s-Buffy-the-Vampire-Slayer-12?p=127941#post127941

As TEAM KENDRA fights for their town against the Hellmouth-possessed hivemind, Willow and Xander begin to feel to the cost of sharing a soul between them. With darkness creeping into the place a soul should be, one of them will start down a road that they can't turn back from.

comic fan
Oracle

PostPosted: Sat Feb 08, 2020 1:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Preview pages for BOOM! Hellmouth # 5(of 5).

http://slayalive.com/showthread.php/3997-BOOM!-s-Buffy-the-Vampire-Slayer-quot-Hellmouth-quot-Pt.-5?p=127950#post127950

THE EVENT OF THE YEAR ENDS HERE! Angel and Buffy finally confront the enemy in the heart of the Hellmouth, but the journey has already taken it's tolls. Beaten in body and spirit, they might not have enough power between them to save the world. With more allies than they know, Buffy and Angel will make their final stand... and not everyone will make it out alive.

Leaked preview pages released by mistake?.Big spoilers.

https://books.google.fr/books?id=K3HNDwAAQBAJ&pg=PT25&lpg=PT25&dq=hellmouth+%235+preview&source=bl&ots=q96cTds9NO&sig=ACfU3U37wKw1hu5KJD-BpWVHAPiZmx4Fqg&hl=pl&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwijvIqY57_nAhXxsIsKHe67AyEQ6AEwDHoECAkQAQ#v=onepage&q=hellmouth%20%235%20preview&f=false

This has a "The Wish" vibe to me.Willow as the slayer and Buffy & Xander as old childhood friends?
comic fan
Oracle

PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2020 2:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wenxina's review of Hellmouth # 5.

http://fanbasepress.com/index.php/press/reviews/item/10655-hellmouth-5-advance-comic-book-review
comic fan
Oracle

PostPosted: Sat Feb 15, 2020 12:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Preview Pages For BOOM! Angel & Spike # 9.

http://buffyforums.net/forums/forum/jossverse/buffy-and-angel-comics/688795-boom-angel-spike-9

After the shocking conclusion to Hellmouth, only one vampire can protect Los Angeles…and it’s Spike? But as Team Spike must face a new threat in the evil forces of Wolfram & Hart, everyone’s asking one question: WHAT HAPPENED TO ANGEL?
sybil
Oracle

PostPosted: Sat Feb 15, 2020 4:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It’s really hard to tell—considering all of these people are just not “old Buffy” by any stretch—Xander a vampire and still “human”-hand wave, hand wave; definitively the PTB are effete. Isn’t it a little soon to go all existential manifesto?
Anya a watcher, Robin a full done watcher, Buffy’s uniqueness just isn’t there for me. This is “Party of Five.”

Angel is the most recognizable, but really, so not; he covered himself even if details were of the upscale variety —Spike is his entertainment committee? I mostly don’t feel ANY romance whatsoever—even though they sure rush through “we are family” cuz I sez so. Issues of trust are all “pink and Pollyanna.”

I mean, seriously, if you look like a lamprey or wolf eel you are evil. That’s the depth here. Souls or conscience or even “conciousness” are barely even “salt” on this stuff. I can’t “feel” anything—and I LAUGHED when Giles (RIPPER???) burst into tears over Xander. That scene with Giles and Buffy, after going after Angelus, was one borne of a REAL emotional path, driven beyond exhaustion, reason, loss, betrayal, and profound love. I can’t help feel like these people’s slumber parties are for toddlers, yet they ‘magically’ deal with nastiness I STILL couldn’t handle. Ha!

Willow does not look like high school AT ALL—Jaysus, even Cordelia didn’t look THIS mature and “self-assured;” and I’m thinking of Dawn wanting to be a slayer than “the Wish” actually, but it all has to not work in order for Willow to figure out she is the deux ex machina of magic in this turkey pot pie.

I’m sorry, comic, but I really am ‘too old’ for this, even if the original Buffy still “blows me away” in the serious power SMG put into that part to keep the most abiding parts of herself as the conciousness she really had to learn to trust—and THEN ‘save the world.’ I mean if season six did anything, it was how intractable her world really was and her belief of her place in it was just as “cursed.” Why? BECAUSE ANGEL”S IS. He is a vampire STUCK in his own condition and NO ONE bothers with “the curse” that is actually (in real terms, one’s OWN SELF BELIEFS), but in ‘magical’ terms, must answer the curse as written, for its answer MUST be there in order to be a CURSE at all. THAT is rule one in even casting one that ‘works.’

I mean, SMG’s Buffy’s intuition and insistence on the BIG difference between innocence and ignorance—which is the whole point of B/A, shown in the simple act of a “second chance” is to comprehend her power and how to balance notions of of justice in rage versus mercy, or in self victimization versus “giving power over you to what hurts you.”

These were all so clearly explosed, in dealing with one’s own equilibrium, but in how to be in the world and how you also shape “how the world works”—especially with the topic of “death/change.’
I think Angel and Buffy are powerful because true love provides the greatest, most under understood power of ‘connectedness” of all things than most religious dogmas expose in “good and evil”—simply because all living must die for life to be immortal—and death/change is the story of “being human,” or is the road to the lesson of ever becoming themselves.

I’m very slow to learn lessons and this comic, unfortunately, “doesn’t make sense” to put in time and expense over it much longer. Sorry—I do appreciate that you ‘endeavor to preserve!”
HUGS
sybil
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Blood Roses Community Forum Index -> Comics Forum All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: