Blood Roses Community Forum Index

"It started with a girl..."

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

As a Bangel fan, does Spuffy threaten you?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 11, 12, 13  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Blood Roses Community Forum Index -> B/A Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Are you threatened by Spuffy?
Yes
2%
 2%  [ 1 ]
No
76%
 76%  [ 35 ]
It's complicated
21%
 21%  [ 10 ]
Total Votes : 46

Kean
Chosen One

PostPosted: Sun May 09, 2010 11:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ares wrote:

And we aren't bashing anyone either. Everyone is entitled to their opinions, it's the people who don't allow this freedom that I have trouble with.

I agree, I see this more as giving expression to frustration. I mean I can't say any of these things on my LJ because it has been made clear that "the walls have eyes" there.
Warrior

PostPosted: Sun May 09, 2010 5:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are so many Buffy Boards but I assume that the comic wank is occurring all over?
Kean
Chosen One

PostPosted: Sun May 09, 2010 8:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ashleyt wrote:
There are so many Buffy Boards but I assume that the comic wank is occurring all over?

Some boards are much worse than others, there is definitely a hierarchy of hate, but yes, pretty much everywhere has borne witness to this.
Warrior

PostPosted: Sun May 09, 2010 9:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You all just seem to hit the nail on the head. I can't much contribute anything without being repetitive.

Spike has never been a favorite character of mine but I always loved the relationship he shared with Drusilla. It has so many endearing qualities. I could at least tolerate him despite how annoying I found his glib remarks.

Soon as I was introduced to the online fandom world though, the ever constant Spike praise and how much better than Angel he was seemed to make me bitter - as Ashley stated and I still haven't shaken it.

ljgould wrote:
I've never been threatened by any 'ship, although there are some that I find more distasteful than others (C/A and B/G, for example).

Add B/S onto that for me and I couldn't agree more. Buffy sleeping with a soulless demon just demeaned who she used to be and I felt must have hurt Angel immensely especially with S5 Spike rubbing it in his face.

ashleyt wrote:

From a fandom stand point than I'd say yes, I'm always threatened as a BA shipper surrounded by SB shippers.

Very nicely put.

ashleyt wrote:
I'm surprised that the su_herald didn't have meta's to rec in today's issue.

I have to say that as much as I despise Joss sinking to S.Meyer's level, I do appreciate his accuracy. Buffy as Bella would choose Angel (Edward) over Spike (Jacob). Even with Spike standing in between them (which is what I expect in the final arc).

I'm hoping they give us actual answers in the next few issues because there are still so many unanswered ones in terms of their power and Angel.
BA4eva
Warrior

PostPosted: Sun May 09, 2010 10:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Add B/S onto that for me and I couldn't agree more. Buffy sleeping with a soulless demon just demeaned who she used to be and I felt must have hurt Angel immensely especially with S5 Spike rubbing it in his face.

Agreed.

I dont think im threatened by spuffy relationship but because that fandom is so vocal i worry that the writers will give in to their demands
Cryngle
Warrior

PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2010 8:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BA4eva wrote:
I dont think im threatened by spuffy relationship but because that fandom is so vocal i worry that the writers will give in to their demands

That makes sense. I fear that at times they'd give into the peer pressure of hate from those threatening spike fans also.

It just goes to show how much trust we have for the writers... hah hah
ashleyt
Warrior

PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2010 4:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well Spike's eye colour was just not acceptable!

Does the fact that it was changed so quickly not scare anyone? It worries me because it sets bad precedence for the rest of the season.[/i]
Kairos
Forum Gargoyle

PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2010 5:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ashleyt wrote:

Does the fact that it was changed so quickly not scare anyone? It worries me because it sets bad precedence for the rest of the season.

No fear-- it was Jo Chen who saw the comments on it and she who took the initiative to change it herself. I don't think it was a case of catering to the fans, I think she just takes pride in her art and wanted it to be accurate.
ashleyt
Warrior

PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2010 5:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That makes it much better than *nods*
CrystalSC
Dark Avenger

PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2010 3:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kean wrote:
I mean I can't say any of these things on my LJ because it has been made clear that "the walls have eyes" there.

OH hell to the freaking no. It's YOUR livejournal. You should say whatever you feel like writing on your own journal. Delete and block anyone who spams or threatens on your journal, I say.

As you can tell this is an issue I feel strongly about and that I have encountered before. /rant
ashleyt
Warrior

PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2010 5:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with Crystal. If you can't be honest with or trust your flist then some of them have to go.
Kairos
Forum Gargoyle

PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2010 5:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very true, but there's also always a question of whether you need to lock your entries. Sometimes you don't want to, because you're openly addressing the fandom or the world at large, but then the fandom or the world at large turns on you.

Once you've said one thing that drew negative attention, trolls will go sniffing through your blog for something else to get worked up about. Conveniently, they won't do that at a B/A specific forum. Smile
ashleyt
Warrior

PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2010 5:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't lock my entries anymore but I did lock one about fandom a month ago. Just because I called out a person from another board. But usually I'm pretty general with my ranting Laughing

The thing with locked journals is that it's still accessible by your flist so if you've friended someone with a big mouth, then locking it was a waste of time.

But if you don't lock it then you might be linked by su_herald and so you can be viewed by a larger amount of people on LJ than normal.
Kairos
Forum Gargoyle

PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2010 5:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ashleyt wrote:

But if you don't lock it then you might be linked by su_herald and so you can be viewed by a larger amount of people on LJ than normal.

Yeah, I learned that the hard way. Smile

I'm pretty selective about my friends list, though. If I lock an entry I'm going to be looking at every name that's going to see it, and if need be, adding reminders that it's locked for a reason.
ashleyt
Warrior

PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2010 6:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know *hug* I've also gone into journals thinking that I was reading a neutral post that's turned out to be heavily biased.

I'm not as selective but I don't have people on my flist that I worry about tbh. If I ever come to a point where I do, then I'll defriend them.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Blood Roses Community Forum Index -> B/A Discussion All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 11, 12, 13  Next
Page 2 of 13

Jump to: