Blood Roses Community Forum Index

"It started with a girl..."


 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Wow....and hello!

 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Blood Roses Community Forum Index -> Hi Everyone!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
lmblack21
Dark Avenger


Joined: 07 May 2010
Posts: 280

PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2010 10:11 pm    Post subject: Wow....and hello! Reply with quote

SOOOOOOO many names I recognize on this board - from way back and some new B/A pals I've just recently started chatting with.

I came to this board thru Kean, so thank you for the invite! Long time B/Aer, have been in the fandom since I first discovered the online culture after Buffy died and I went frantically searching for information cause NO WAY could the show end forever like that. At the time I didn't have UPN cause it was a separate channel you had to pay for and I was completely unaware of the shift to a different network.

Been an online fan ever since and it's been both the most rewarding and the most painful/frustrating thing I've experienced over a television show. *g*

Anyway, I look forward to exploring the board and chatting with more of you.

*hugs*

-Lucinda
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Kean
Chosen One


Joined: 04 Feb 2010
Posts: 739

PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2010 10:23 pm    Post subject: Re: Wow....and hello! Reply with quote

lmblack21 wrote:
SOOOOOOO many names I recognize on this board - from way back and some new B/A pals I've just recently started chatting with.

I came to this board thru Kean, so thank you for the invite! Long time B/Aer, have been in the fandom since I first discovered the online culture after Buffy died and I went frantically searching for information cause NO WAY could the show end forever like that. At the time I didn't have UPN cause it was a separate channel you had to pay for and I was completely unaware of the shift to a different network.

Been an online fan ever since and it's been both the most rewarding and the most painful/frustrating thing I've experienced over a television show. *g*

Anyway, I look forward to exploring the board and chatting with more of you.

*hugs*

-Lucinda


This is like deja vu, only backwards Wink

Welcome aboard hun! delighted to have you here Smile

Also,

Quote:
Been an online fan ever since and it's been both the most rewarding and the most painful/frustrating thing I've experienced over a television show. *g*


WORLD OF AGREEMENT!!
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Dark Star
The Powers That Be
Admin


Joined: 10 Aug 2003
Posts: 1705
Location: England

PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2010 10:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello! Welcome to the forum! Smile
_________________
~Dark Star


"Shoulder to shoulder. I'm yours."
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
Kairos
Forum Gargoyle
Moderator


Joined: 22 Oct 2009
Posts: 1423

PostPosted: Sat May 08, 2010 3:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey! Not that long ago I was discussing a thread on Whedonesque with my friend, and I recall that I said to her, "I just had to check the name on one of Imblack21's posts to make sure it wasn't me." We are kindred spirits, it seems. Very Happy

And now...Lucinda? Do I know you from LiveJournal, too?

Either way, welcome! Glad to have you.
_________________
But there the silver answer rang: not Death, but Love.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address
CrystalSC
Dark Avenger


Joined: 20 Apr 2010
Posts: 399
Location: Greenville, SC, USA

PostPosted: Sat May 08, 2010 3:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Luc! Glad you made it here. Since issue 34 this place & BA Haven have kept me sane. Smile
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
lmblack21
Dark Avenger


Joined: 07 May 2010
Posts: 280

PostPosted: Sat May 08, 2010 6:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kairos wrote:
Hey! Not that long ago I was discussing a thread on Whedonesque with my friend, and I recall that I said to her, "I just had to check the name on one of Imblack21's posts to make sure it wasn't me." We are kindred spirits, it seems. Very Happy

And now...Lucinda? Do I know you from LiveJournal, too?

Either way, welcome! Glad to have you.


Hee! It's Lmblack...just like here. And yes, that's me on Whedonesque and LJ. Lmblack wasn't available when I signed up for LJ so long ago and a friend called me Lucindacapone (long story, totally fandom related) and so that became both my aim and my LJ name.

And yes, I have met many new "kindred spirits" on Whedonesque and LJ lately, it's been so nice. B/A fandom has been picking up since the comics and it's lovely to see.

And thanks for the welcome!

CrystalSC wrote:
Hi Luc! Glad you made it here. Since issue 34 this place & BA Haven have kept me sane. Smile


Oh yes, the fandom has been crazy but then, it was back when the show was on too. You guys should have seen what it was like when Angel showed up in EoD and Chosen. Boy howdy. Laughing

So it's good that we can all keep each other sane. Wink Thanks for the welcome!

And Crystal, I love the banner!


-Luc
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ljgould
Forum Guardian
Moderator


Joined: 02 May 2005
Posts: 585
Location: Texas

PostPosted: Sat May 08, 2010 8:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Luc! Glad you found your way over here.
_________________
Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons for you are crunchy and good with catsup.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger
lmblack21
Dark Avenger


Joined: 07 May 2010
Posts: 280

PostPosted: Sat May 08, 2010 9:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ljgould wrote:
Hey Luc! Glad you found your way over here.


Thanks! Long time, no chat, huh?!

-Luc
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ashleyt
Warrior


Joined: 20 Apr 2010
Posts: 169

PostPosted: Sun May 09, 2010 5:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Luc *waves* great to see more BA fans posting here!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Cryngle
Warrior


Joined: 22 Jan 2010
Posts: 140
Location: Stalking Angel(us) and Buffy

PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2010 6:14 pm    Post subject: Re: Wow....and hello! Reply with quote

Welcome to the Chat Lucinda! Very Happy

lmblack21 wrote:

Been an online fan ever since and it's been both the most rewarding and the most painful/frustrating thing I've experienced over a television show. *g*


And couldn't agree more with your comment... it really does have the abilities to both make your day and give your gray hairs.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Blood Roses Community Forum Index -> Hi Everyone! All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group