Blood Roses Community Forum Index

"It started with a girl..."

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Drawings and Paintings
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Blood Roses Community Forum Index -> Graphics and Art
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kairos
Forum Gargoyle

PostPosted: Sat May 08, 2010 6:19 am    Post subject: Drawings and Paintings Reply with quote

If anyone else is into drawing, with either traditional or digital media, feel free to add your fan art to this post!

So far, I've only attempted Buffyverse characters these three times, but I loved doing them. Just wish I had the discipline to keep at it!

This was my first, a close-up of Buffy's neck to focus on her scar and cross. I should have used a reference for her hair-- it was supposed to be put up, but ended up just looking short.

This one's an illustration for Leni's "Courting Sin." Buffy/Angelus, mmmmm.

Another fanfic illustration, for a fellow Willow/Oz enthusiast. Also doubles a protest against the hairy gorilla costumes they used for the werewolves in the show.

Comments always appreciated. Smile
bangellove
Warrior

PostPosted: Sat May 08, 2010 12:12 pm    Post subject: Re: Drawings and Paintings Reply with quote

Kairos wrote:
If anyone else is into drawing, with either traditional or digital media, feel free to add your fan art to this post!

So far, I've only attempted Buffyverse characters these three times, but I loved doing them. Just wish I had the discipline to keep at it!

This was my first, a close-up of Buffy's neck to focus on her scar and cross. I should have used a reference for her hair-- it was supposed to be put up, but ended up just looking short.

This one's an illustration for Leni's "Courting Sin." Buffy/Angelus, mmmmm.

Another fanfic illustration, for a fellow Willow/Oz enthusiast. Also doubles a protest against the hairy gorilla costumes they used for the werewolves in the show.

Comments always appreciated. Smile

Wow I loved them all Very Happy
CrystalSC
Dark Avenger

PostPosted: Sat May 08, 2010 12:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

These are SO awesome! I love original art. I loooooove the expression on Oz's face! Smile
cheryl
Dark Avenger

PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2010 1:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, those are really cool! Thanks for sharing.
bangelfan5
Warrior

PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2010 6:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

really cool drawing, great job
Kairos
Forum Gargoyle

PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2010 10:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks very much to all of you! I never even replied to the first comments, how rude! But I swear, I love the feedback.
Cryngle
Warrior

PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2010 9:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

CrystalSC wrote:
These are SO awesome! I love original art. I loooooove the expression on Oz's face! Smile

He looks so content and happy. Heart
Leni
Oracle

PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2010 2:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aw! I'd never seen the Willow/Oz at all. And I'm with you in the protest - never quite got how they could be wereWOLVES if they didn't look like WOLVES at all. Not even overgrown ones like in some other storylines.... I'm all for Joss being creative, but that was pushing the envelope!

As for the one you drew for me. *hugs it* The icon I use doesn't do it justice, but can't do much with a 100x100. Smile
Forum Gargoyle

PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2010 6:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Leni wrote:
Aw! I'd never seen the Willow/Oz at all. And I'm with you in the protest - never quite got how they could be wereWOLVES if they didn't look like WOLVES at all. Not even overgrown ones like in some other storylines.... I'm all for Joss being creative, but that was pushing the envelope!

I think that was less about creativity and more about budget...which I took as permission to assume that the wolves weren't really what they looked like.

Quote:
As for the one you drew for me. *hugs it* The icon I use doesn't do it justice, but can't do much with a 100x100. Smile

Yer too sweet. For my part I kind of think that being shrunk improves it, but I can't often look at my own art without finding something wrong with it.
taaroko
Dark Avenger

PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2010 12:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did this today after I finally managed to get my scanner and tablet to work with my computer again. There's a larger version over here.

Last edited by taaroko on Mon Oct 04, 2010 4:29 am; edited 3 times in total
Leni
Oracle

PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2010 12:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Loving the hair detail, taaroko. So lovely! In fact, I'm realy envious of how you've drawn Buffy's hair here. The shading is so cool!
Dark Avenger

PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2010 12:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hehe, thanks. I am rather proud of how her hair turned out. Blonde hair is always more complicated than hair of any other color, particularly when it's wavy or curly.
CrystalSC
Dark Avenger

PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2010 4:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's wonderful! Love the touch of the rings too! Heart
taaroko
Dark Avenger

PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2010 6:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks! I can never resist drawing the rings in there. And if the angle had been different, I would have added the cross necklace and the scar.
taaroko
Dark Avenger

PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2010 3:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just did this illustration for the first part of the second chapter of "The Slayer and His Vampire" (wherein Angel is the Slayer and Buffy is the vampire with a soul, for those of you who are unfamiliar with it). So here we have teenage human Liam walking into Sunnydale High for the first time. The idea of a scowly, brooding Liam was so adorable in my head that I just had to draw him. In cartoon form, he almost reminds me of Zuko from Avatar: The Last Airbender. In attitude, certainly. That scowl is pretty much exactly the Zuko scowl. Since I suck at drawing backgrounds (or am too lazy to try it), I grabbed that from a screencap and edited it until it looked simple enough to go with the drawn image.

Here's the bit from the fic that the picture goes with:

Liam looked balefully up at his new high school. Two weeks ago, his father had been offered the opportunity to set up a new minor office in Sunnydale, a town none of them had ever even heard of until then. It was apparently a big deal; they were even sending someone all the way from the Galway office to be his partner. He had readily accepted the offer, and so here Liam stood at the entrance to Sunnydale High.

It wasn't leaving L.A. that bothered Liam. After what had happened in the past few weeks, he was glad for a reason to be elsewhere. He didn't have any friends there, so there was nothing important to miss. The Sunnydale house was nicer, even if it still smelled funny. Even better, his dad's new job also came with a shiny new sports car, which meant that the '67 Plymouth GTX they'd had since the L.A. move was now his. No, what bothered him was that the second he stepped inside this building, he would bear the beacon-like label of 'New Kid'. He remained motionless for a few more seconds as he contemplated this unwelcome prospect with a grimace, then readjusted his bag and unwillingly plodded into the breach with a moody hunch to his shoulders.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Blood Roses Community Forum Index -> Graphics and Art All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: