Blood Roses Community Forum Index

"It started with a girl..."

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Fan Videos
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Blood Roses Community Forum Index -> Graphics and Art
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CrystalSC
Dark Avenger

PostPosted: Sat May 22, 2010 10:26 am    Post subject: Fan Videos Reply with quote

Vidder: CrystalSC
Summary: Buffy misses Angel and wants him to come home.
Title: Come Home
Song: Come Home
Artist: OneRepublic
Warnings: none
Category: romance
Characters: Buffy/Angel
Length, File Size: 1:50, 82MB (HD)

Downloads @ my site | YouTube
bangellove
Warrior

PostPosted: Sat May 22, 2010 3:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So beautiful, great job Crystal Very Happy
Kairos
Forum Gargoyle

PostPosted: Thu Jun 03, 2010 4:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I finally got a chance to watch this-- internet connection seems to be much faster where I'm staying than it was in my own apartment-- and I loved it. The way you layer footage so we have these ghostly images of the characters is beautiful, and so was the theme of the song. You're very talented.

I also took the chance to look at your "Made for This" video-- sweet use of Season 8! It's really cool to see the actors set up beside their graphical representations. Like a B/A sundae with B/A hot fudge.

Thanks for showing us!
CrystalSC
Dark Avenger

PostPosted: Thu Jun 03, 2010 4:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kairos wrote:
Like a B/A sundae with B/A hot fudge.

Laughing

Thank you very much! I'm glad you enjoyed them. I certainly did making them.
bangelfan5
Warrior

PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2010 1:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As I`ve said many time before, I love, love, love that video Crystal, think I`ve watched it about a million times now Very Happy

hope it`s okay that I post my vids here

here are some links to some Buffy and Angel vids I made that I posted on youtube

the first one is just a fanvid where I used the song Hero

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JG7SS3iLuBE

the next one is an AU vid which shows Buffy missing Angel years after "chosen"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qA7O6COnaG0

another fan video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PTqLW4lzN9w

another AU vid, Buffy, Angel and Connor

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eFeEnuE9jjk

and an AU vid where Buffy has amnesia

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S1dwUt_FQf0

hope to see more members adding their vids, I love watching Buffy/Angel vids
Jezebel Jinx
Warrior

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2011 7:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hope it's ok to post this request here.

I've been looking everywhere for a certain Buffy/Angelus video. It's called 'Eat You Alive' and it's by buffymania/buffymania2. Does anyone have a copy of it or a working download link for it? Thanks.
CrystalSC
Dark Avenger

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2011 5:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The buffymania I know is a vidder named Justin. He has a site and while that video isn't listed there you might want to contact him and see if he made that vid. site: http://shadows-and-regrets.com/index.php
Kairos
Forum Gargoyle

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2012 4:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've got a couple B/A vids of my own now so I thought we might revive this subforum a bit:

Flying at Tree Level (song by Brand New)

Magic (song by Ben Folds Five)

Anyone else have any?
CrystalSC
Dark Avenger

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 4:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi guys! There was a B/A video I liked set to "This Is How A Heart Breaks" by Rob Thompson and it was made by MyTubeProductions on YouTube. Sadly, that account is closed. Does anyone happen to know if that vidder created a new account or if they are somewhere else off of YouTube? I'd like to see that vid again.
sybil
Oracle

PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2015 2:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Capital ANGst Mistress, Kairos, thanks for “Magic” (Ben Folds Five), especially those touches e.g. the raindrops on the window referencing stars.

I felt a little hope, actually, for BA, even if I am going into the utter denial of the emotional facts you might have intended—I am aware of both schools of “whatever you think it is” and “it’s nice if we share the identical vision and understanding” you actually meant.

I am not objective enough to see or completely accept everything you “say,” even if it all touches me. I think, you are showing the clearest desire experienced, also can’t take the “ light of day,” for all stars may be suns, (and are always reflected, like “cinema”), yet all stars are light from and revealing the past.

I guess I take “below”—B/A—and that is dream within a dream, the sense of the world, even revealed w Dru/Spike, for waking into what is “reality” and even that washing away, is a lot to cram into a single vid,, as successfully, I think, as you did.

I felt you had them so deeply connected in a supra reality—I honestly feel it more real * because * it was posed them as a dream within a dream—not as merely childish “wish”—in your vid, i.e, from my POV, yet its locus remained true: below the reality of pain, and even that surge, at the end, practically the infamous “mind wipe,” in waking from the reality of the world and the supra reality of the discrete internal self: it wasn’t all just “nothing” in white light (nothing, no color) in knowing what is important to see, in all the “noise. “ There is indeed experience and there is memory and there is the self aware new self. Happy or sad or dead, all up to you to decide “let it go” or “what must be actualized.” After all Magic is literally will, for any practitioner of it and suffering is a choice. That you showed only love, in it’s fierce life/death aspect and its’ forever connection romance, I don’t feel suffering is what is promised with B/A.

Yours is the first anything I tried, in fan effort, as I felt it was a safer bet than a majority of what is produced “out there.”

I will admit “you” feel to me as matured. You command the literal, and you have the creative impulse whose inspiration has winnowed out the sentimental and weak, in favor of what was so intense, yet usually is “judged” and thus, lost, even when the accuracy of memory is moved into actual experience once more and can pin point the “moment” as utterly alive, still faces simultaneously its very moment of ending…a desire that can’t survive it’s own reality. Which is where we disagree the narrative I understood with both BTVS and ATS actually promised. (Your fan fic is wonderful in completion of that story, yet you didn’t destroy the world they are in to do it—you work your will and embrace it all).

—I honestly don’t understand why I feel so crushed and unable to “bounce back,” by merely dismissing “the badness,” for what I thought to be the story, and to be the point: Becoming (adults). I now feel, the( lazy ) approach to accepting anything like Beauty—even in the unfolding of a wretchedly painful story, implied to me, that the protagonists grasp the promises to the story, of themselves and the consequences to their own reality, and to us as viewers, for a satisfactory ending/beginning. I think it cynical, which is merely fear in the face of half the facts, for some fickle overlord, who was willing to substitute Beauty for the overlaid and (eye rolling) dramatic requirement that no truth can’t be destroyed.

While you abhor “whining” about RL, this is and has been my only fandom—and its hope to see gentleness as strength, compassion as courage, and love as wisdom fulfilled. It was a lot to lose, and the struggle to withstand such belief is on going—you didn’t fail “truth” under your directed edit, and I look at it as a manifestation of what consciousness looks like, even if no one on earth can tell anyone where it comes from (yet).

Further, while this faith of over 18 years, in this “story”—simply destroyed for me—I am glad to be awake enough to be aware of “different,” if not better, of a place every child knows in joy and impulse, to dance, to know and show Beauty, and that you made literal and real. Thank you.

Things pass away or they are the touchstone to the soul. That’s what next.
Hugs!
sybil
CrystalSC
Dark Avenger

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2015 9:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm always excited when I come across new B/A videos that I think are really well done and I've found three (by the same vidder).

Check out:

Crazy In Love: https://youtu.be/Hwd-RYyagIA?list=PL6A578C7ED4A81806

What I love about this one is how she edited the audio - you still have all the little nuances of the show, the weapons clanging, buffy gasping, Angel slamming the wall at 1:02. The editing is smooth and well paced. And I ADORE how it ends with "tell me you don't love me" and then Angel just staring and refusing to say it. GAH. perfect.

Take Me To Church: https://youtu.be/SCVueU74bTs?list=PL6A578C7ED4A81806

Many of the clips are too literal for me but I LOVED the editing in this (and this song is one of my faves).
The way she sped and cut the clips like with buffy turning angel's head at :27. and :37-:38. Not to mention the shot at :54 which is probably in my top 5 favorite bangel shots in the entire series.
The way she handles the speed shift in music at :56. SO GOOD.

First Love: https://youtu.be/GSEzaFvHUbg?list=PL6A578C7ED4A81806

I love that she put in all the clips of them smiling. Most ba vids are angsty so that was a heartwarming touch.
NileQT87
Mortal

PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2015 5:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's my playlist of 2,000+ fanvids that I've been working on (very Bangel and Angel-friendly):

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLCD8E689E063A7235

I'm rather proud of the collection I've built now! There were a lot more than I thought. Basic searches can be a bit disheartening and it seems Bangel, Angel and AtS get more love than the fandom assumes they do, even if they're not always easy to find.

Last edited by NileQT87 on Sat Aug 15, 2015 8:33 pm; edited 3 times in total
CrystalSC
Dark Avenger

PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2015 3:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you for sharing NileQT87. I'll definitely hit that list up when I need some B/A feels.

Here's another you can add of mine: https://youtu.be/QwdOLOdRKJ0
alilbitgoth
Warrior

PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2016 7:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

YAAAASS! robinsrevenge vids are everything!!!! She is my video editing idol. I want to get into it so bad. She uses Sony vegas which I'm going to get my hand on.

She just posted her first Angel crack. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=meng2hfuxbg
Dark Avenger

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2016 2:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

alilbitgoth wrote:
YAAAASS! robinsrevenge vids are everything!!!! She is my video editing idol. I want to get into it so bad. She uses Sony vegas which I'm going to get my hand on.

She just posted her first Angel crack. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=meng2hfuxbg

I agree. She's really great.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Blood Roses Community Forum Index -> Graphics and Art All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: